Website Terms and ConditionsWho we are
You (“you”, or the “Users) are accessing a website of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (the “university" or “we/us”) published online at https://www.disgenet.org (hereinafter the "Website"). The University is domiciled at Plaça de la Mercè, 12 08002, Barcelona, tax identification number: Q5850017D. The terms regulating the subscription to DisGeNET are set out in Annex I.Contact us
You can contact us at support@disgenetiorg or +34 93 3160540Intellectual and Industrial Property
All rights of intellectual property on any contents of this Website including, without limitation, images, trademarks, logos, distinctive signs, sounds and animations, texts, sounds, visual and audiovisual recordings, and the databases, are owned by the University or its licensors and are protected by national and international laws. Such rights are reserved in favor of the University and / or its licensors. Any reproduction, copying, publication, distribution, modification, transformation, removal, handling, and any other use, with or without profit, all or part of this Website or any of its contents, without the prior express written permission of the University is expressly prohibited. University may exercise any legal and/or extrajudicial actions it considers appropriate, in case of a possible violation of their rights.Responsibility
The University is not responsible for any third-party webpage accessible from the Website; nor of the accuracy, veracity and validity of the Website's information that is not of its own elaboration.
However, by virtue of article 17 of Spanish Law 34/2002, in case the University is aware of the unlawfulness of such content or links, it undertakes to suppress or disable the links, as well as, where appropriate, blocking those contents that may be unlawful or infringe the rights of any third-party, in accordance with articles 11 and 16 of the mentioned Law.
Furthermore, the University will not be responsible for the damages that may occur due to failures or bad configurations of the browser installed by the user in its computer. The University will not be responsible for any technical incident or failure that occurs when the user connects to the Internet. Likewise, the absence of interruptions or errors in accessing the website is not guaranteed.No warranty
Unless otherwise stated, the Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. The University, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. The University makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the site. Without limitation on the foregoing: (i) the University does not warrant that the site will operate error-free or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the site results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the University is not responsible for those costs.Protection of Personal Data
Annex I – terms for subscribing to DisGeNETDisGeNET service
The Website aims at promoting and provide access to DisGeNet, DisGeNET is a versatile platform developed by the University that can be used for different research purposes including the investigation of the molecular underpinnings of human diseases and their comorbidities, the analysis of the properties of disease genes, the generation of hypothesis on drug therapeutic action and drug adverse effects, the validation of computationally predicted disease genes and the evaluation of text-mining methods performance.
Each User is responsible for keeping his/her credentials (the email address and password indicated in the subscription form, the “Credentials”) secret, they are personal and non-transferable, and the user assumes any damages that may arise from their improper use, as well as from any assignment, disclosure or loss. In this regard, access to DisGeNET made with the Credentials of a user will be deemed made by that user, who will be liable in all cases for that access and use. In the event of any risk of access and/or use of the Credentials by unauthorized third parties, the users must immediately inform the University which will promptly proceed to block the Account and provide the user, where appropriate, with new Credentials.
As a registered user you can close your Account at any time by contacting the University at email@example.com Please note that after closing your Account you won’t be able to access DisGeNET.
We may unilaterally close your Account for any breach of the Terms and Conditions by the User.User’s Responsibilities
Your non-exclusive right to access DisGeNET is personal and you are not authorized to transfer your Account to another person nor share the content with any third party that does not work for the same institution you work for.
- You agree:
- b) not to copy any part of DisGeNET and its content, except for the content specifically made available for download by the platform;
- c) not to distribute or otherwise make available to third parties any content, except to persons that work for the same institution you work for;
- d) not to assign, sell or otherwise make available your Credentials to any third party;
- e) not to modify DisGeNET in any way;
- f) not to search for nor access the code of DisGeNET if we have not expressly published it for general use.
- When you use DisGeNET, you must not:
- a) Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with DisGeNET’s functions related to security or functions that prevent or restrict its use;
- b) Provide any false or misleading information or allow any third party to use DisGeNET on your behalf;
- c) Impersonate another person or misrepresent your identity;
- e) Defend, promote or engage in any illegal conduct using DisGeNET;
- g) Misuse DisGeNET by deliberately introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that may damage it;
- h) Use any automated system, including but not limited to "robots", "spiders" or "offline readers" to access DisGeNET.
Failure to comply with these acceptable use rules constitutes a material breach of these Terms and Conditions and we may take any or all of the following actions (with or without notice):
- a) immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use DisGeNET;
- b) immediate, temporary or permanent removal of your Account;
- c) issue a warning to you;
- d) start a legal action against you, including procedures for reimbursement of all costs (including, without limitation, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- e) disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably believe necessary.
The actions are not limited to those described in this paragraph, and we may take any other action we reasonably consider appropriate.
The University reserves the right to carry out, without giving prior notice, any modifications to DisGeNET that it may consider appropriate, both in relation to the contents and to its conditions of use.
If you have any issues with accessing your Account or with DisGeNET, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be happy to help you.